Friday, April 15, 2011

Did someone say Rodeo??

While I was in Cheyenne, I went to watch Travis pick up at the college rodeo team practice. It was fun to try to get pictures of the cowboys and animals. They have some pretty good riders on their team!


It was a little crazy to watch Travis chasing down the bucking horses and getting the cowboys off their backs and then reaching over and down to release the flank strap off the bronc. I know my son can do anything on a horse, but this stuff is done on a semi-broke horse, while next to a horse that is bucking wildly and trying to get someone off their back, and all done at about 35 miles an hour! I'm pretty sure I got a few more gray hairs! 

When Travis was little, he always said he wanted to be a pick-up man at a rodeo when he grew up. It's nice to see he has realized his childhood dream! :-) 

Travis is such an awesome son and we couldn't be more proud of him! He truly cares about the people he works with and wants to help them all learn to love and care for animals as much as he does.


Having watched my older brother ride bulls all through school, I'm glad MY son did not choose this crazy sport! 


The bullfighters are nuttier than the cowboys!! Those guys really have to get up close and personal in their job!


Baylee is definitely her daddy's girl! This girl would live on the back of a horse if she could! She loves nothing more than to ride, ride and ride some more! Taylor is fast on her heels though! She has really learned to love to ride too! Kolby likes to ride horses too, but his first love is driving the machinery! That boy will drive anything he can start!

Until next time.....

No comments: